Below are the categories for the current incentives available and links for more information.
Current incentives include:
Additional Identified Skills Shortage payment
Rural and Regional Skills Shortage incentive
Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy trial
Support for Adult Australian Apprentices
Mature Aged Worker incentives
Australian School-based Apprenticeship incentive
Trade Support Loans
Detailed information about Australian Government incentives is available in the Summary of the Australian Government Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program.
This is an exciting opportunity for employers to bring on apprentices and receive help from the Government with ongoing wages available to employers who employ a new worker undertaking a full-time Certificate III or IV qualification that leads to an occupation listed on the National Skills Needs List in a rural or regional workplace.
Based on the award wage rate (modern award) under which an Australian Apprentice is employed and provides support in the first three years of an Australian Apprenticeship as follows:
- 75 per cent of the first year award wage;
- 50 per cent of the second year award wage; and
- 25 per cent of the third year award wage.
There are two phases of the Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy Trial:
- Phase 1 is available to employers who sign-up and commence an Australian Apprentice from 1 January 2019 and until 1,630 sign-ups have occurred.
- Phase 2 is available to employers who sign-up and commence an Australian Apprentice from 1 July 2019 and until 1,630 sign-ups have occurred.
If you would like to find out if you are eligible for any of the above incentives or if you would like to apply for the above incentives please get in touch.
Please note: Your state or territory government may have their own programs and payments to help you.