As well as the eligibility requirements for each licence-type, you need to be fit and proper to operate and:
have permission to work in Queensland (citizen, visa, Immicard)
provide photographic proof of your identity
provide evidence of your business structure—if operating under a trading name, company, partnership or trust.
To hold a licence, you need to demonstrate that you have the technical skills to perform the scope of work relevant your licence class.
Show proof of your qualifications
Proof of your qualifications can be in the form of:
- Formal qualifications issued by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – training.gov.au
- Documentation showing you successfully completed an appropriate course for this licence class
- Certificate from an RTO as recognition of prior learning (RPL)
qualification statement by an approved authority for the licence class.
4 years experience in either:
- The licence class scope of work
other work QBCC is satisfied is at least equivalent to experience in the scope of work for the class.
2 years’ experience in the scope of work (or equivalent), if you are qualified in one of the following:
bricklaying and blocklaying
floor finishing and covering (hard sector)
glass, glazing and aluminium
painting and decorating
plumbing and drainage
roof and wall cladding
structural landscaping (trade)
structural metal fabrication and erection
wall and floor tiling.
Demonstrating your experience
You must demonstrate work where you carried out:
Supervisory services—the parts of the project and trades you personally supervised; examples where you applied your knowledge of building and other relevant legislation, interpreting plans and specifications.
Administration services—examples of your experience on the job in tendering, contracts, on-site meetings and inspections, payment of subcontractors, issuing certificates and project management.
Management services—examples of where you coordinated and scheduled work, resolved problems on the project, communicated with clients and other services and financial management.
- Work that the QBCC can confirm you have supervised and managed
- Supervision and management of different trades
- Work on different stages of the building (base, frame, footings etc)
different types of building work (renovations, extension, new builds)
- Different classes of buildings (Class 1a-residential dwellings, Class 2 apartments)
- Exact time frames (QBCC undertakes independent searches to confirm timeframes
– Where you have performed the supervision and management of the site
– Where you have tendered for work or contracts
stage inspections and meetings
– Project management services
– Projects that you coordinated and scheduled work
management of finances, including payment of subcontractors.