Steps to applying for yor VBA Plumbing Licence
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) regulates plumbers, plumbing work and plumbing standards.
To lawfully carry out plumbing work in one or more of these classes in Victoria, you must be one of the following:
What does that mean?
To be ready to apply for a licence in a main class of plumbing you will need to meet all of the following conditions:
- You already hold VBA registration in that class.
- You meet the following work experience requirements:
Main classes: you meet the minimum work experience requirements for registration and have an additional two years of practical experience
- Specialised classes: you hold a licence in the relevant parent class
- Restricted classes: you have been registered in the restricted class for at least 12 months.
- You have successfully completed the following prescribed common licence Units of Competency:
– BSBESB402 Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
– CPCPCM4011 Carry out work based risk control processes
– CPCPCM4012 Estimate and cost work
- For each class you intend to apply for, you have successfully completed the applicable prescribed units.
- You feel confident that you would pass a VBA licence exam.
- You hold, or are eligible, to hold the required insurance.
Securing a plumbing license is a significant achievement that elevates your professional standing and opens doors to enhanced career prospects. By meeting the eligibility criteria, completing the required units of competency, and following the prescribed application process, you’ll be well on your way to obtaining a plumbing license and advancing in your plumbing career.