MSF30422 Certificate III in Glass and Glazing (Glazing)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals involved in manufacturing, processing, moving or installing various types of glass products.
Job roles may be in glass processing, glazing or designed glazing in both residential and commercial operations.
Workers use a range of technical knowledge to perform skilled work involving known routines, methods and procedures.
They use discretion and judgement to adapt and transfer their skills and knowledge to different job needs and take responsibility for their own work within organisational parameters.
Unit of Competency
- MSFGG2014 Cut thin glass by hand
- MSFGG2015 Process glass by basic machines
- MSFGG3039 Manually move glass
- MSFGN2001 Make measurements and calculations
- MSMENV272 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSMSUP102 Communicate in the workplace
- MSMSUP106 Work in a team
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid*
*We do not offer training or RPL in this unit, though if you have a recent statement of attainment can be credit transferred.
Elective Units - Glass
Group A Elective unit
- MSMWHS200 Work Safely
Group B Elective Unit
- MSFGG2013 Move single glass sheets by mechanical means
Group C Elective units– Glass Processing
- MSFFM3024 Construct jigs and fixtures
- MSFGG2012 Operate glass free fall rack and table #
- MSFGG3031 Cut thick glass #
Elective Units - Glazing
Group D Elective units - Glazing
- MSFGG2011 Glaze and reglaze residential windows and doors #
- MSFGG2016 Assemble glazing products
- MSFGG2017 Fabricate and install insect and security screens
- MSFGG3028 Select, cut and process materials for glazing products
- MSFGG3029 Assess glass and glazing requirements #
- MSFGG3033 Install shower screens
- MSFGG3034 Install residential windows and doors
- MSFGG3035 Install mirrors and glass splashbacks
- MSFGG3036 Install commercial glazing products
- MSFGG3037 Install structural glazing products
Those who have considerable experience in the glass and glazing industry, however have not had their knowledge and skills formally recognised.
You have an older Qualification
If you have completed an older glass and glazing qualification. Staysafe may be able to credit transfer units of competency from the superseded qualification if/where equivalency to the new unit occurs.
Residential and Operational Glass and Glazing
The course focuses on the glazing stream of the qualification and the elective units reflect the work outcome of a glazier in both residential or commercial operations.
Course resource requirements
- Access to the internet
- Access to a mobile device such as mobile phone, ipad, tablet, laptop or computer
- Language and Literacy In order to successfully complete this course, you need to have a certain level of language and literacy skills. We recommend that you have at least level 3 skills for this course. If you are unsure of your language and literacy skill level, please try our free
LL&N assessment tool
Modes of delivery
Online, mixed and face to face
This qualification can be completed within 12 months through a combination of Credit transfer, RPL and training in full.
Qualification Packaging Rules
23 unit in total consisting of:
- 8 core units
- 15 elective units consisting of:
- 1 unit only from Group A
- at least 8 units in any combination from Groups B, C, D or E
- up to 6 additional units from Group B, C, D, E, F, or any endorsed Training Package or accredited course. These units must be relevant to the work outcome as outlined in the qualification description above, must not duplicate the outcome of other units available within this qualification, and if imported from other Training Packages, at least 4 must be units reflecting outcomes at AQF level 3 or higher.
Electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation. General packaging rules must still be met when packaging units for a specialisation.
All Group B electives and at least 6 Group D electives, including those marked with ‘#’, plus at least 1 installation unit (MSFGG3033 – MSFGG3037), must be selected for the award of MSF30422 Certificate III in Glass and Glazing (Glazing).