Passive fire protection
1. Passive fire protection – fire and smoke walls and ceilings occupational licence. This licence allows you to carry out fire protection work as an employee or subcontractor to a licensed contractor who holds the same class of licence. You cannot contract directly with homeowners or builders with this licence
2. Fire protection contractor licence – this licence allows you to contract directly with homeowners or builders. You could also be nominee for a company
3. Fire protection nominee supervisor licence – this licence allows you to carry out and supervise fire protection work as an employee or subcontractor to a licensed contractor who holds the same class of licence. You cannot contract directly with homeowners or builders with this licence. You could also be a nominee for a company.
Who can apply?
Anyone who performs or supervises fire protection work needs to have an appropriate licence. The only people exempt are apprentices, trainees and students.
Certify (a) successful completion of Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining CPC31211 and the following— (i) Quality assure fire-rated lining systems CPCCBC4047A;
CPCCBC4047A Quality assure fire-rated lining systems
Topics covered during the course
- Plan and prepare for work
- Identify authorised installation materials and techniques.
- Inspect for compliance with authorised standards.
- Record and report the results of inspections.
Cost of training
The cost of training per person is $600.00. A confirmation email is sent to approve your booking.
I require 24 hours notice prior to the booking date should you want to change your booking or cancel. Refunds are made in relation to the refunds policy and procedure which is available on this website or in the student handbook. Courses are held on the third weekend of the month. Course dates and the booking button is below.
On completion of each section, you and the trainer and assessor is required to sign and date that section before going on to another section. Once all sections of the workbook are complete, we go back to the front of the book to do the final sign off. It is at this point when all assessment activities have been completed that a final result of competent or not yet competent is achieved. If re-assessment is required, this is indicated on the assessment cover sheet. There are two opportunities for re-assessment, however, re-assessment occurs on the same day. Finally, you will be asked to complete a survey and give Staysafe a review on facebook or google.
A statement of attainment on successful completion is sent out to you initially via email within a few days of completing the course as well as a blank copy of the workbook if requested.
This course will not start till June 2019, however, you can complete the enquiry form and we will contact you and place you on a waiting list. The course will be conducted in Brisbane.