Safe access, egress, risk assessment controls, SWMS, legislation, fall arrest, PPE
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
In courses that require the use of PPE (such as heights, confined spaces or breathing apparatus courses) Staysafe Industry Training requires all students to wear appropriate PPE. Students will be advised at the outset of the course if they are in serious breach of PPE requirements (wearing thongs, singlets for example) and in certain circumstances will be asked to leave the site, as they would be by an employer if in breach of PPE requirements.
Online/blended learning is a combination of theory online and practical assessment. On average this course should take 8 hours. This course is for those who have had industry exposure.
- 1 Day refresher – Industry best practice to upgrade your qualification every 2 years
- Class based working at heights course for those who have little or no experience
On successful completion of the working at heights course you will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment which is sent via email within a few days of completion.
Refresher training have the option of doing the full course or the 1 day refresher for experienced persons which can be done in a shorter timeframe.
- Second Saturday of the month
- Nights over 4 hours from 3.pm – 7pm weekly