Welcome to Staysafe Industry Training
Staysafe Industry Training is an Australian Qualifications Skills Authority Registered Training Organisation (RTO 40963) offering nationally recognised training.
We offer a range of training options in industries such as the: (you can click on the course to take you to the course page)
- White card
- QBCC approved managerial course
- Plumbing and drainage
- Quality assure fire rated passive lining systems
The above courses are funded by Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). To be eligible to access Construction Skills Queensland
(CSQ) programs, participants must satisfy the eligibility criteria. You can go to the course page to download the verification of participant form which must be completed and returned prior to the course booking date.
Agricultural, horticulture and conservation and land management training package
Resources and infrastructure training package
High risk work training
Who is Staysafe
Our mission is to break down barriers that stop people in urban, rural and remote communities from accessing opportunities to learn and deepen their knowledge and skills to gain nationally accredited units in partial completion of a qualification or a full qualification.
Our mission will be achieved through consultation, collaboration and partnerships with communities throughout Australia where quality, diversity and inclusiveness are at the forefront.
Transparency: Acting in good faith with others to achieve shared goals and objectives
Diversity: understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences
Collaboration: by consulting with employers from small and large businesses who have a vision of empowering their employees and others within the community
Quality: by maintaining compliance, offering quality training and assessment materials, activities, qualified trainers and assessors
Inclusiveness: by including people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized, such as those who have physical or mental disabilities and members of minority groups.
Audit services – what price do you put on compliance?
Staysafe Industry Training provides a range of review and audit services against the Registered Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. Services includes:
- Quarterly reviews to maintain compliance
- Review of training strategy documents
- Review of training materials and assessment tools
- Review of internal policies and procedures
- Review of trainer and assessor profiles including sufficient professional development in VET and Vocational
- Addition to scope
- Attending an ASQA audit
- RTO renewal application
- After an ASQA audit such as reviewing evidence presented at audit and the audit report including responding to the auditor report
- Any other ASQA compliance issue
Disability training mentoring services
Tolerance and inclusiveness means breaking down barriers such as isolation, exclusion, marginalisation, misunderstanding and discrimination by creating opportunity, one on one mentoring, training, and treating those with disability fairly and equally.
What services can Staysafe provide for disability?
Reasonable adjustment in assessment is underpinned by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Disability Standards for Education 2005. Sometimes reasonable adjustments, are made to:
- an admission or
- learning environment
- training delivery
- learning resources and/or assessment tasks to accommodate the particular needs of a learner with a disability.
An adjustment is reasonable if it can accommodate the learner’s particular needs, while also taking into account factors such as:
- the views of the learner
- the potential effect of the adjustment on the learner and others
- the costs and benefits of making the adjustment.
In assessing whether a particular adjustment for a student is reasonable, regard should be had for all the relevant circumstances and interests including the following:
- the students disability
- consulting with the student or the students associate
- the effect of the adjustment on the student, including the effect on the student’s
- ability to achieve learning outcomes
- and ability to participate in courses and programs and independence
- the effect of the proposed adjustment on anyone else affected, including the staff, education provider, staff and other students; the costs and benefits of making the adjustment.