The Business Criteria Course
South Australia Trade Contractors Course (SA) Part 2 Option 4
South Australia Trade Contractors Course (SA) Part 2 Option 4
Part 2 -Specified and Other General Building Work - Option 4
This course is for Plumbers, Electricians, Gasfitters, Restricted Builder, Civil and Commercial builders wanting to get your Trade Contractors Licence.
To meet the business knowledge and experience requirements to be granted a contractor licence the applicant or in the case of a body corporate, a director, must complete the following units: BSBESB403 Plan finances for new business ventures and BSBESB402 Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures.
- 100% online
- Enrol 24/7
- Nationally recognised training
- Study in your own time
- Course Cost: $720
- Course can be completed in 20 hours, but will vary based on the the learner
- You will have 3 months to complete this course
This course meets the Building Work Contractor Act 1995 and the Consumer and Business Services of South Australia
Staysafe Industry Training is approved by the Consumer and Business Services (CBS) of South Australia to deliver this course.
What Is A Nationally Recognised/ Accredited Course?
Staysafe Industry Training offers nationally recognised programs accredited by ASQA and aligned with AQF. Benefit from industry-relevant training that sets the standard for quality and relevance in your career journey.
ABOUT CBS LICENCING
Who should apply
In South Australia (SA), individuals and businesses seeking to engage in building work, including subcontractors, must obtain a contractors licence. This is essential for those aiming to carry out or manage building work for others or to sell or let land or buildings in SA. Sole traders are advised to apply for both a contractor’s licence and building work supervisor registration simultaneously, a requirement for contracting work in South Australia.
What you will need
For specified building work roles like bricklayers and carpenters in South Australia, it's necessary to have a minimum of $10,000 in net assets to apply for a contractor’s licence. Those with lesser net assets can opt for a restricted licence as a subcontractor. Major residential construction builders must provide a certificate of eligibility for building indemnity insurance, while industrial, commercial, and civil builders in SA must demonstrate adequate financial resources for their business type.
Knowledge and Experience
Courses such as BSBESB402 and BSBESB403 are critical in establishing legal, risk management, and financial planning skills for new business ventures in South Australia, particularly for those seeking a contractors licence.
Applicants must include a recent National Police Certificate (NPC) with their application, unless exempt under specific conditions.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
- Civil Builders: Addressing large-scale and public works construction.
- Commercial Builders: Equipping participants for commercial construction projects.
- Plumbers, Gas Fitters, and Electricians: Providing essential skills for these critical trades in the construction process.
- Builders Restricted to Certain Trades: For those specializing in specific areas of construction.
To ensure a smooth and effective learning experience in our contractors licence course, the following requirements are essential:
- Reliable Internet Access: Continuous access to the internet is crucial for accessing course materials and online resources.
- Appropriate Device: A computer, tablet, or mobile device equipped with a camera and microphone is necessary for interactive elements of the course and potential virtual discussions or assessments.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI): Every student needs to have a USI to enroll and receive their course credentials. If you don't have a USI yet, please apply for one at USI Application.
- Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills (LLN): A fundamental requirement for successful course completion is a certain proficiency in language, literacy, and numeracy. We recommend that participants possess at least Level 3 LLN skills. This ensures that you can effectively comprehend course materials, engage in learning activities, and complete assessments.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
- BSBESB402 - Establish Legal and Risk Management Requirements of New Business Ventures: This unit provides in-depth knowledge and practical skills for identifying and managing legal responsibilities and risk factors in new business ventures. It's tailored to ensure that you're well-versed in navigating the complexities of legal frameworks and risk management strategies crucial for success in the construction industry.
- BSBESB403 - Plan Finances for New Business Ventures: Financial planning is a cornerstone of any successful business. This unit focuses on equipping you with the necessary tools and knowledge to effectively plan and manage finances. It covers various aspects, including budgeting, financial forecasting, and resource allocation, essential for the sound financial management of construction projects.
Q: How long does it take to complete the course?
A: Our contractors licence course in South Australia is designed for flexibility and typically takes about 20 hours to complete. However, this can vary depending on your engagement, LLN skills, and prior knowledge. This duration is a guideline to help you balance your study with work commitments.
Q: Are these units required by CBS for a licence application?
A: Absolutely. The units BSBESB402 and BSBESB403 are specifically required by Consumer and Business Services (CBS) for trade contractors licence applications in South Australia.
Q: Do I need to attend any zoom or video calls?
A: No, there is no requirement for virtual classroom attendance. The course is fully online, allowing you to study at your own pace with all materials accessible through our learning management system.
Q: Can I access the course materials at any time?
A: Yes, you have 24/7 access to the course materials from anywhere with internet access, ensuring you can study whenever convenient for you.
Q: Will I have support during the course?
A: Upon enrolment, you'll be introduced to your dedicated trainer who will assist with training module queries. Our technical support team is also available to help with accessing and navigating your student portal.
Q: Are there any written assignments?
A: Yes, the course includes various assessment methods, including objective questions (computer-marked) and written responses (trainer-marked).
Q: Is the entire course online?
A: Yes, the course is 100% online, providing flexibility and convenience.
Q: What else do I need for my CBS Licence application?
A: After completing the course, you should obtain professional indemnity and public liability insurances for your CBS Licence application in South Australia. A comprehensive list of all licence requirements can be referred to in the provided link.