Course and Unit Extension Requests Explained
We understand that circumstances may arise that could hinder your ability to progress or complete a unit of competency or qualification within the designated time frame. We strive to provide a supportive and flexible learning environment to accommodate your needs. As such, we have policies and procedures in place regarding course/unit extensions.
Each extension request is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will be determined by a range of factors, however an extension is not automatically granted. We understand that each situation is unique, and we aim to be fair and reasonable.
It is important for you to communicate your extension requests in a timely manner. We encourage you to submit your requests as soon as you become aware of the need for an extension. This allows us to assess the situation promptly and provide a timely response.
- Complete and submit an Extension Request: requests should be submitted through our online form (click on the form button below) Please fill out the form in detail to help us better understand and process your request effectively.
- Extension Duration: The duration of an extension can be proposed by you, however the decision to grant an extension will be based on individual circumstances, other factors and the feasibility of completing the course within the new proposed time frame. We aim to strike a balance between providing adequate time for completion and maintaining the integrity of the course.
- Other factors to consider: we endeavour to accommodate extension requests, however they are not automatically granted. We will take into account a range of factors, for example:
- If you have applied for Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding
- Date of enrolment and unit/s start date
- Progress through the course since enrolment
- Profile activity such as last log in, total time spent on activities
- Attempts at contacting you via SMS, call or email which have failed
- What happens when your extension is granted: Your first extension will not attract any additional fees, however if another extension is required you will need to pay a nominal monthly fee of $100 for each unit extension.
- What to do if an extension is not granted: This will be subject to Enrolment terms and conditions
- Processing: Please allow up to 7 business days for processing. You will be advised in writing once your request has been processed and will be required to sign the enrolment terms and conditions declaration agreeing to your new extension timelines.
We value your dedication to completing your course and are committed to supporting you in achieving your training and career goals.
Assistance Available: Should you have any inquiries or require support, our team is ready to assist via: