Qualification And Statement Of Attainment Issuance Policy
AQF Issuance PolicyStaysafe Industry Training will comply with the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Issuance policy to reduce the fraudulent activity of the reproduction and use of the AQF Qualification and/or Statement of Attainment which has been issued by another RTO or issued by SIT and includes:
- When enrolling a student and viewing issued Qualification testamurs, Record of Results or Statements of Attainment. Staysafe Industry Training will seek verification of the certification from the relevant RTO where there is some ambiguity. The Student is to bring with them the original Qualification testamur, Record of Results or Statement of Attainment for sighting or provide a certified copy of the record with their enrolment. Staysafe Industry Training will then certify the certificate/statement, transcript to ensure its validity. SIT will write on the copy of the certificate the date and person they spoke to when verifying the authenticity of the Qualification testamur, Record of Results or Statement of Attainment.
- Qualification and Statements of Attainment will only be issued to students for qualifications and units of competency registered on the RTO’s scope which aligns with information held on Training.gov.au website.
- Qualification testamurs, record of results and statements of attainment will be issued to a student who have completed all of the requirements of the qualification within 30 days of the learner being assessed as meeting the requirements of the training package and qualification packaging rules. All student fees have been paid prior to the issuance of a qualification testamur, record of results and statement of attainment.
- The RTO will ensure that it will not issue AQF certification documentation to an individual without being in receipt of a verified Student Identifier for that individual, unless an exemption applies under the Student Identifiers Act 2014. (No exemption applies to the RTO).
- Qualification testamurs issued by SIT will have the required wording as indicated in the National Skills Standards Council policy and the AQF second edition January 2013 handbook, including, correct identity of the entitled person, the correct code and title of the qualification, occupation stream and industry descriptor if applicable, the correct use of the NRT logo and RTO name, logo and code, date issued and a signature authorised by the RTO.
- Statements of Attainment will be issued to students who have completed unit/s in partial completion of an AQF qualification.
- Statements of Attainment will follow the suggested forms indicated by the National Skills Standards Council which includes: required wording as indicated in the National Skills Standards Council policy and the AQF second edition January 2013 handbook, correct identity of the person entitled to receive a Statement of Attainment, the accredited units by the correct code and title, date issued and a signature authorised by the RTO.
- The Statement of Attainment will be in a form that cannot be mistaken for a Qualification testamur and will include the required wording “ A statement of attainment is issued when an individual has completed one or more accredited units.’
- Staysafe Industry Training will use its company logo, and authorising signature on paper or card to reduce fraudulent reproduction of a Qualification testamur and Statements of Attainment.
- Statements of attainment and qualification testamurs are sent via email only and not printed and posted to the student.
- Replacement of a Qualification testmur or Statements of Attainment is to be printed onto the same paper as the original along with the RTO’s logo and authorising signature.