Completing the CPC40820 course is a requirement for obtaining your pool builders licence
CPC40820 Certificate IV In Swimming Pool & Spa Building (DEPOSIT)
CPC40820 Certificate IV In Swimming Pool & Spa Building (DEPOSIT)
Course deposit: $1500
Total cost: $5580
- Obtain Your Pool Builders Licence: Complete the CPC40820 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building to acquire your pool building license.
- Target Audience: This course is ideally suited for tradespeople who have experience in pool building seeking to obtain a pool builders licence.
- Online and Accessible: The course is online, offering flexibility to start at any time that suits you.
- Cost and Duration:
- Total Cost: $5580 but start today with a $1500 deposit
- Recognition of Prior Learning: RPL is available, potentially speeding up course completion.
- Take the Skills Assessment to see if you are eligible for RPL
- Duration: Can be completed within 12 months.
- Certification: A Statement of Attainment in partial completion of the qualification or a qualification testamur and record of results will be issued upon completion.
- Curriculum Overview:
- Legal and Business Acumen
- BSBESB402: Establish Legal and Risk Management Requirements of New Business Ventures
- BSBOPS304: Deliver and Monitor a Service to Customers
- CPCCBC4024: Resolve Business Disputes
- Work Health and Safety Compliance
- CPCCBC4002: Manage Work Health and Safety in the Building and Construction Workplace
- CPCCWHS2001: Apply WHS Requirements, Policies, and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Advanced Construction Techniques
- CPCCBC4012: Read and Interpret Plans and Specifications
- CPCCCM3005: Calculate Costs of Construction Work
- CPCCBC4003: Select, Prepare and Administer a Construction Contract
- CPCCBC4004: Identify and Produce Estimated Costs for Building and Construction Projects
- CPCCBC4005: Produce Labour and Material Schedules for Ordering
- CPCCBC4007: Plan Building and Construction Work
- CPCCCO4001: Supervise Concreting Work
- Sustainable Practices in Construction
- CPCCBC4021: Minimise Waste on the Building and Construction Site
- Specialised Training in Pool and Spa Construction
- CPCSPS4001: Investigate and Prepare Swimming Pool Site
- CPCSPS4002: Select, Procure and Store Construction Materials for Swimming Pool and Spa Projects
- CPCSPS4003: Install Swimming Pool and Spa Subsoil Drainage
- CPCSPS4004: Install Swimming Pool and Spa Circulation Systems and Components
- CPCSPS4005: Install Prefabricated Fibreglass Swimming Pools
- Program Benefits:
- Comprehensive education in both theoretical and practical aspects of pool construction.
- Insight into the legalities and business strategies essential for the construction industry.
- Mastery of health and safety standards in construction environments.
- Specialisation in the niche field of swimming pool and spa construction.
Join our program today to advance your career in pool construction.
What Is A Nationally Recognised/ Accredited Course?
Staysafe Industry Training offers nationally recognised programs accredited by ASQA and aligned with AQF. Benefit from industry-relevant training that sets the standard for quality and relevance in your career journey.
Afterpay availableEnrol today
Start your learning journey with Afterpay at Staysafe Industry Training. Pay for your courses over manageable instalments, without delay. You can select this payment option at checkout.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This qualification is crucial for those looking to specialise in the construction and installation of swimming pools and spas. It encompasses a variety of skills necessary for in-ground and above-ground pools, including planning, project management, and a range of trade-specific competencies.
CONSTRUCTION OF POOLS INCLUDES:
- Earthworks, drainage, reinforcement, formwork, and concrete placement for concrete pools and spas.
- Ancillary pipework, landscaping, fencing, paving, and finishes like ceramic tiling and painting.
- Designing plans and specifications for personal or professional projects.
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of pool accessories.
INSTALLATION OF SWIMMING POOLS INCLUDES:
- Procedures for prefabricated and fibreglass pools, including earthworks, drainage, and installation.
- Ancillary pipework and finishing techniques.
- Landscaping, coping, tiling, and design plans for prefabricated and fibreglass pools.
To ensure a smooth and effective learning experience in our contractors licence course, the following requirements are essential:
- Reliable Internet Access: Continuous access to the internet is crucial for accessing course materials and online resources.
- Appropriate Device: A computer, tablet, or mobile device equipped with a camera and microphone is necessary for interactive elements of the course and potential virtual discussions or assessments.
- Unique Student Identifier (USI): Every student needs to have a USI to enroll and receive their course credentials. If you don't have a USI yet, please apply for one at USI Application.
- Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills (LLN): A fundamental requirement for successful course completion is a certain proficiency in language, literacy, and numeracy. We recommend that participants possess at least Level 3 LLN skills. This ensures that you can effectively comprehend course materials, engage in learning activities, and complete assessments.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
The course includes 18 units (8 core and 10 elective) that are essential for gaining the Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building. Core units cover aspects like cost estimation, work health and safety, plan interpretation, and site preparation for pool building projects.
Q: Who is eligible to enrol in the CPC40820 Certificate IV in Swimming Pool and Spa Building course?
A: This course is designed for tradespersons who are involved in constructing or installing swimming pools and spas. It is suitable for those working with both in-ground and above-ground pools, in accordance with client specifications.
Q: What is the format of the course delivery?
A: The course is delivered online, offering flexibility for individuals who cannot commit to traditional face-to-face sessions or travel to training centers. It is designed to be completed at your own pace, with a focus on practical, on-the-job learning.
Q: What are the requirements to access the course?
A: Participants will need to have access to the internet and a computer or mobile device equipped with a camera and microphone.
Q: Are there any language and literacy requirements for the course?
A: Yes, it is recommended that participants have language and literacy skills at least at level 3 to successfully complete the course.
Q: Does this course fulfil licensing requirements for pool building?
A: Yes, the qualification meets the training requirements for a pool building license in various states and territories. However, it is advisable to check specific local requirements for any additional evidence or prerequisites.
Q: How much does the course cost, and what is its duration?
A: The total cost of the course is $5,580, with discounts available for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Credit transfers are provided at no extra charge. The cost for the first unit is $480, and each subsequent unit costs $300.
Q: What career pathways does this qualification open up?
A: Completing this qualification can lead to roles such as Swimming Pool and Spa Builder. It also provides a pathway to further qualifications in building and construction, expanding career opportunities in the industry.